Ortho-Preferred® is a medical malpractice insurance program, designed specifically for orthopaedic surgeons, from MedPro Group and DT Preferred Group, LLC, a Risk Purchasing Group. Risk Purchasing Groups (RPG) exist as a result of the federal Liability Risk Retention Act of 1986. This statute permits homogenous groups of physicians, with similar exposures to loss, to achieve the economies of scale that result from purchasing insurance on a group basis. RPG members benefit from these uniquely designed insurance programs.
By joining DT Preferred Group, you are able to obtain effective, competitively-priced solutions to medical malpractice insurance premiums through MedPro and the Othro-Preferred Program. With an annual Ortho-Preferred membership fee of $500, you will receive:
- Risk Management Programs – complimentary clinical risk management programs, tailored specifically for orthopaedic surgeons, meet the annual mandatory risk management requirement for Ortho-Preferred and provide up to 6 CME credits toward your Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirement and gives you a 5% discount on your MedPro Group malpractice insurance annual premium.
- Self-Assessment Courses – to help satisfy your MOC requirements, free self-assessment examination (SAE) courses are available to all members, either online or in-person at our annual meetings.
- Orthopaedic Association Membership (EOA, NYSSOS, SOA, or WOA) – complimentary membership in a regional orthopaedic association, either Eastern Orthopaedic Association, New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Southern Orthopaedic Association, or Western Orthopaedic Association, provides the opportunity to network, socialize, and share information with Orthopaedic Surgeons from across the country.
- Discounted Association Annual Meeting Registration – As a member of Ortho-Preferred and either the EOA, NYSSOS, SOA, or WOA, you will receive a discount up to $300 towards your association’s annual meeting registration fees. On average, 24-30 CME credits are available at the annual meeting, and members may attend a complimentary practice management symposium.
- Subscription to JSOA and JSOA Online – The Journal of Surgical Orthopaedic Advances (JSOA), a quarterly peer-reviewed publication, serves as a forum for the exchange of ideas and information among fellow orthopaedists. With this complimentary subscription, you can earn up to 24 free CME credits by completing and passing the tests provided with the same issue.
Many state and regional orthopaedic associations have endorsed the Ortho-Preferred Program and have even incorporated the program into their member benefit packages.