Physicians and Surgeons
DT Insurance Agency (DTI), a full-service, independent insurance agency, and MedPro Group, a company that has been servicing the country’s healthcare community since 1899, are dedicated to serving the medical malpractice insurance needs of physicians and surgeons nationwide. MedPro Group provides your insurance coverage, while DTI offers concierge account management services.
DTI strives to provide you the lowest, sustainable rates through MedPro and will help you receive policy credits towards your policy premium. The following credits could be available to you and your practice:
- Claims-free credit
- Group credit
- Membership association credit
- New to practice credit
- Part-time credit
- Risk Management credit*
*In all states except for California.
Should you employ allied healthcare professionals, they will be covered if you have obtained “entity coverage,” or you may purchase individual coverage for these employees, if needed.
MedPro Group Coverage
DT Insurance Agency (DTI) is proud to work exclusively with MedPro Group, who will provide you and your practice with comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage. Through MedPro Group, DTI can offer:
- Highly competitive premiums
- Claims-made, Occurrence and Convert to Occurrence® policies
- $50,000 Cyber Liability coverage
- Favorable tail vesting provisions
- Early and aggressive defense
- Claims staff averages 20 years of experience
- Local defense counsel – top local defense attorneys
- Winning defense record nationwide: 90% trial win rate; 80% of claims closed without payment
- Pure consent to settle provision
Financial Strength & Stability
- A Berkshire Hathaway company
- Industry-leading financial strength rating: A++ (A.M. Best)
- Proven track record with more than a century of experience
Customizable Practice Options
- Coverage for entire practice
- Student and extern coverage available
- Vicarious liability coverage for additional insureds
- Separate limit corporation coverage
- Shared limit corporation coverage at no additional charge (where available)
- Separate surgical and non-surgical classification
A.M. Best rating as of 6/16/2020. In order to qualify for a free tail, you must have a retroactive date at least 48 months prior to the date of retirement and be insured by the company for 12 months on a mature Claims-made policy. All data is MedPro Group data; claims data range is 2010-2019 unless otherwise indicated. MedPro Group is the marketing name used to refer to the insurance operations of The Medical Protective Company, Princeton Insurance Company, PLICO, Inc. and MedPro RRG Risk Retention Group. All insurance products are administered by MedPro Group and underwritten by these and other Berkshire Hathaway affiliates, including National Fire & Marine Insurance Company. Product availability is based upon business and/or regulatory approval and may differ among companies. © 2021 MedPro Group Inc. All Rights Reserved.
MedRisk Continuing Education
Insured physicians or surgeons may be eligible to receive a 5% premium credit for completing an approved risk management course.*
MedPro Group offers risk management courses through MedRisk®. Click here for a list of the current courses. If you have any questions, contact a MedRisk representative by phone at 800-633-7475 or by email.